This is the fourth installment in our cornerstone series, Build your own WordPress website in 3 hours (or less). In this series, we will be guiding you through the ordeal (not!) of setting up your own WordPress-powered website, step-by-step.
Fifth step: Installing WordPress
(Estimated time: 20 minutes)
Today we’re going to jump right in to getting WordPress installed, up, and running. Don’t worry – it’s not very complicated, and you really don’t need to be a rocket scientist!
Here are the simple steps we’ll go through in the video:
- downloading the WordPress zip file
- uploading the zip file to your server through cPanel
- unzipping the file through the File Manager
- beginning the WordPress installation
- setting up the database in cPanel
- finishing the installation and configuration of WordPress
- welcome to your new WordPress site!
Enjoy the video, and as always if you have questions please post them below.